Skydiving is, we must admit, is the ultimate thrill. And which location is better for it, than Cairns, with its beautiful and diverse scenic surroundings.
Amazingly, the free fall is an easy and safe experience, especially during a tandem skydiving adventure!
On the ground you'll be suited up in skydiving gear. Skydiving exits from mock aircraft. You'll also be taught the skydiving basics of canopy control and safe landing procedures. Once you're confident with this skydiving knowledge you'll enjoy a 20-minute breathtaking flight to an altitude of 14,000 feet (over 4,200 metres) where, after a final check, it's time to hop out and take the quick way down! Oh, hang on; did we say the flight was breathtaking…?
Live the most exhilarating experience of your life, the unparalleled thrill of free-falling for up to 60 seconds at awesome speeds of approximately 200kph. The initial speed and sensation of free-falling make skydiving an adventure that cannot be matched. Once the instructor deploys the parachute at 4,500 feet, reflect and relax in the serenity of a peaceful canopy ride and take in the sensational aerial views within the next 5 minutes, until your safe landing.
On completion of your skydive, your adrenalin is sure to be pumping! Bathe in the glory and great sense of personal achievement.
A Skydive in Cairns promises you the most diverse view from the aircraft. From Mangroves over the Cairns coastal city, the harbor, the inlet, the mountains, the water reservoir and the sugarcane farms, all may be viewed before the jump. It is also the most flexible time schedule.
The Skydive in Innisfail offers you the breathtaking views over the local agriculture area, nearby the Great Barrier Reef. A beach landing is optional for purchase on the day. This is subject to weather conditions, however the jump is unlikely! to be affected by the weather, due to its great location. The departure is twice daily, in the morning and just before lunch.
The Mission Beach Skydive is one of the greatest beach jump experiences. You also have a full day to spend at Mission Beach, and as it wasn’t yet obvious enough, it is about the beach. It is a great chance to fly over the Great Barrier Reef and, again, the beach. You are welcome to a BBQ lunch and may participate in a game of, surprise, beach-volleyball.
Photo and video opportunities are available for purchase. Unfortunately, due to safety regulations you cannot take your own photo equipment on the Skydive. Don’t miss out on taking home some unforgettable memories.
- + No particular level of fitness is required but people with heart conditions, pregnancy or epilepsy cannot jump
- + There is a weight limit of 110kg and a weight excess fee applies to anyone weighing over 95kg. All passenger weights must be advised at time of booking
- + Minimum age is 14 years, but you are never too old for a skydive
- + Weather condition may delay skydives. These circumstances are unpredictable. A later jump may be offered to you. You may choose to take the flight at a different skydive location if jumps are cancelled due to ongoing bad weather
- + Please check your travel insurance for sufficient coverage. Some insurance is available for purchase on the day